I hope you enjoy what you’ve read so far — and that you are interested in knowing when I post new updates! 😉
There are 2 ways to do this:
1) The Easy Way: the “Psychology of Swedenborg Updater”.
- Get on my emailed list for a “Psychology of Swedenborg Updater”. Send me your email at my address and I will send you my Updater when I add new content to the blog. I promise not to share your address with anyone else.
- I won’t be able to send a message every time there is a new comment
- I can’t promise I will send the Updater right away after making a post – although I’ll do my best 😉
RSS is way of getting immediate updates on any webpage or blog you are interested in that has an “rss” link. You simply plug in the rss address (like a web link) and you will get immediate notification of changes to the webpage/blog. You can choose whether to see headlines only or summaries of the articles and then you can click over whenever you want to check it out.
To use rss, you need some kind of news reader — Google Reader or My Yahoo are the simplest to use if you are new to rss, but there are several free news readers out there.
- In addition to updates for the Psychology of Swedenborg, you can add other blogs or websites that provide rss links.
- Once set up, notices of changes are immediate – you don’t have to wait for me to get my act together.
- All the sites you are interested in tracking are in one place – you can see at a glance what’s new and go touring when yu have time and interest.
- You’ll impress all your friends with how tech-savvy and trendy you are. 😉
- A news reader is more challenging to set up than sending me your email address, but it’s “maintenance free” after that.
- You won’t be encouraging me to set up a cool little Swedenborg email list…
Just in case I’ve convinced you, here are instructions for using Google Reader and My Yahoo to create rss links:
- Go watch a short video explaining how to use Google Reader.
- Go to http://www.reader.google.com and follow the directions!
- This is the rss feed for new entries on this blog: https://kshue.wordpress.com/feed – just copy this and paste it in.
- This is the rss feed for new comments on this blog: https://kshue.wordpress.com/comments/feed – do the same and you’re done!
- First things first. On my blog, look in the right hand margin for a box called “Meta”. Under this section, there are two links called Entries RSS and Comments RSS. You are going to right-click on these and save the link info (if you use Internet Explorer, do this by using “copy shortcut“; with Firefox, use “Copy Link Location“). You will have to do one at a time – choose Entries RSS to get updates about my postings; use Comments RSS if you want immediate notice of all comments as well. You do not have to use both.
- So choose Entries RSS to start with, right-click on it, and “copy shortcut“.
- Go to http://my.yahoo.com/
- Follow the instructions to set up a home page for yourself, if you don’t already have one; log in if you do.
- Find the link on your MyYahoo home page that says “Add Content” and click on it.
- In the Find box, on the right side, there is a small link that says “Add RSS by URL“. Click on that link.
- You should see a box where you can add an RSS link address.
- Paste the RSS link you copied from my blog into the box labeled “URL” and click the “Add” button.
- Next, Yahoo will take you to a page to verify that this is the site you want to add – if it looks right, click “Add“.
- If you want to see new comments as well, repeat this process using the shortcut for Comments RSS from my blog.
That’s it — you’re done! When you go to your My Yahoo homepage, you’ll be able to see every time there is new content added to this blog.
Congratulations on entering the brave new world of RSS linking! 😉